This year’s festival is Saturday, June 1st, 2019.
The Shoreline STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Festival and Science Fair is looking for volunteers to join the planning committee to help organize this year’s festival. Meetings are held at Meridian Park Elementary library (17077 Meridian Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133) – All invited to attend and contribute their energy and ideas.
Upcoming planning meeting dates:
The Shoreline STEM Festival and science fair is held once a year on a Saturday in late spring at Shoreline Community College. The festival runs about 3-4 hours and includes interactive STEM exhibits (Shoreline Community College Biotech program, University of Washington labs, MakerLab NW / Shoreline Makers, and many others), a STEM poster fair for K-12 students and a huge robotics expo.
Here is a general list of jobs/tasks that require volunteers.
- Contact and organize professional STEM exhibitors
- Work with the Shoreline Community College to schedule and set up the facilities
- Organize food service at the festival
- Help identify and apply for grants/sponsors
- Organize the student T-shirt design contest and coordinate ordering T-shirts for the fair
- Create and publish festival notices and brochures
- Organize publicity and social media resources
- Liaison with School District and Shoreline Schools to help promote the fair and increase public engagement
- Organize judging of STEM fair and Shoreline
- Volunteer photographer to chronicle the Festival
- Develop and find funding for arts integration at the festival
Additionally, the board of Shoreline STEM (the all-volunteer, community-led nonprofit behind the festival) offers the possibility of future leadership opportunities to those who are interested.